As we all know Keto diet is a low-carb, moderate protein and a high fat diet. In most scientific studies, low-carb diets prove their worth as healthy and beneficial. In mama keto we balance the macronutrients at best proportion where our keto diet constitutes 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs for the optimal health benefits.
Let’s discuss 5 proven health benefits of low-carb or a ketogenic diet.
Keto diet helps regulate your appetite :
Worst side effects of any low carb diet would be “hunger” this is one of the main reasons why many people feel miserable and eventually give up. However the interesting fact is that our studies consistently prove that eating a low carb diet with moderate protein and high fat keeps you satiated for long hours and people end up eating far fewer calories, which leads to an automatic reduction in appetite.In mama keto, we make sure that the meals are well balanced with respect to macro and micro nutrients by making all our meals substantial enough to reduce the appetite and yet maintaining healthy bodily functions.
A greater proportion of of fat loss happens in the abdominal cavity:
We must know that not all fats are same in the body, where fat is stored determines the underlying health issues, there are two major types of fats, the fat underneath the skin is called subcutaneous fat, and the fats that are stored in the abdominal cavity are called visceral fat, which are usually seen in the overweight individuals. visceral fats also tend to lodge around internal organs, leading to many metabolic syndrome by disrupting the bodily functions causing heart related issues.
Studies show that the Keto diet is very effective in shedding the visceral fat in a greater proportion, making it one of the best options to consider to combat metabolic issues. Over time, this will lead to a drastically reduced risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Triglycerides tend to drop drastically:
Triglycerides are basically the fat that are present in our blood stream, increased Triglycerides( TG) level in overnight fasting blood samples indicates the risk of heart disease and Type 2 diabetes.
One of the main reasons for elevated triglycerides in sedentary people is carb consumption especially in the form of simple sugars, studies have shown that when people follow keto diet they tend to notice the reduced TG level in blood helping one have better bodily functions. Mama keto Nutritious meals are majorly focused on good fat like avocado, coconut oil, olive oil which in turn helps absorb fat soluble vitamins like A,D,E and K, and also keeping lipids level at normal range for better metabolic functions of the body.
Therapeutic for the brain disorders :
Our brain needs glucose, as some parts of our brain functions only with the help of Glucose, Hence our body produces glucose from proteins in the liver when we go on a low carb diet, Yet, a large part of your brain can also burn ketones which are formed during starvation or when carb intake is very low.This is the mechanism behind the ketogenic diet, which has been used for decades to treat epilepsy in children who don’t respond to drug treatment.
In many cases, this diet can cure children of epilepsy. ketogenic diets are now being studied for many other brain conditions as well, including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Effective Against Metabolic Syndrome:
Metabolic syndrome is a condition highly associated with the risk of diabetes and heart disease.In fact, metabolic syndrome is a collection of symptoms, which include Abdominal obesity, elevated blood pressure, elevated sugar levels,abdominal obesity, High triglycerides. However, Ketogenic diet is very effective in treating all the above conditions and improving the quality of life.
Mama Keto’s motto is to provide nutritious meals, where lifestyle diseases can be addressed with well balanced Macro and Micro nutrients. Our personalised approach to each individual & bringing variety of cuisines to meet all taste pallets ensures keto Diet is never boring.
- How does Ketogenic diet works for Type-2 diabetic patients
- Ketogenic diet to lose weight and fight metabolic disease
- Here are 5 health conditions that are benefited by ketogenic diet
- Fun and interesting facts about keto diet
- The effects of keto diet on pcod
Here are 5 health conditions that are benefited by ketogenic diet
Keto diet has become extremely popular these days, early research suggests that a high fat, low carb diet has many health benefits, some of the human controlled researches are very promising, let’s discuss some proven health benefits of keto diet below.
- Epilepsy : A neurological disorder marked by sudden recurrent episodes of sensory disturbance, loss of consciousness, or seizures associated with excessive brain activity, keto diet is by far the most effective diet to decrease the rate of convulsions, there are numerous human controlled studies supporting this fact, research prove that 50% of convulsion rates are reduced by following keto diet with proper contribution of carbs, proteins and fat in both adults and kids.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Poly cystic ovary syndrome is a disease marked by hormonal dysfunction, leading to irregular periods and infertility if left untreated, insulin resistance is one of its major hallmark, women with PCOS finds it real hard to lose weight, several controlled studies also suggests that women with PCOS are more likely to to develop diabetes at their 40s if left untreated, many anecdotal evidence are found online supporting keto diet doing its best to heal the syndrome and improve the quality of life.
- Some cancers : Keto diet particularly helps brain cancers and women with breast cancers when accommodated with traditional treatments like chemotherapy, radiation therapy and even surgeries. Several studies conclude that obesity, elevated sugar levels are associated with breast and brain cancers, as a part of therapeutic diet low carbs, high fat and moderate proteins are recommended to regulate the insulin levels and also to improve immunity to fight against the tumour cells.
- Non alcoholic fatty liver (NAFL) : NAFL is the most common liver disease seen in developing countries, as per the human controlled research, it was noticed that keto diet helps control blood pressure, lower the elevated liver enzymes and 50% weight reduction and quality of life was improved.
- Diabetes: Last but not least, Keto diet is much beneficial for both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetic patients, dozens of controlled human studies prove that low carbs, moderate proteins and high fat diet helps regulate insulin levels, and averages the HBA1c (HbA1c is your average blood glucose (sugar) levels for the last two to three months. If you have diabetes, an ideal HbA1c level is 48mmol/mol (6.5%) or below.) levels to 5.2%, and oral diabetic medication to be reduced in no time.